Heart and Soul
At Grand Island Express, our professional driving corps are indispensable. Our drivers give us inspiration and strength to be recognized year after year as one of North America’s Best Fleets to Drive For. Our drivers and contractors are the lifeblood of our company.
Grand Island Express is committed to doing right by our drivers and staff. We enjoy an industry leading low turnover rate because we focus on our drivers and their families, and believe in building long-term relationships.
We love to celebrate success at GI Express! From birthdays to anniversaries to safety milestones, we recognize and praise our associates industry leading performances and personal successes.
Grand Island Express knows the immeasurable value of our drivers families. We know that a driver with a happy home life is also our safest driver. We include your family in every celebration, barbeque, company and community event. What are you waiting for? Join our family today!
Safety & Technology
Safety is No Accident
A healthy safety culture starts at the top with unwavering commitment to hire the best drivers, build top notch training programs, and recognize outstanding achievements of associates and contractors for the work they do.
We don’t just talk the talk when it comes to safety. Our award winning safety record and CSA numbers speak for themselves, so we post them here for drivers and shippers to see. While other carriers avoid sharing this data, we absolutely want you to know how seriously we take our drivers safety and those they share the road with.
We Invest in Technology
Technological advancements in our industry continue to move at lightning speed. From aerodynamic trailer devices to technology designed to help prevent and mitigate accidents, you can be sure Grand Island Express puts the newest systems to use at every turn possible.
Even though we’re considered a small carrier in the industry, we embrace change and adopt the latest technology that help us to maintain our stellar safety scores, and enhance our efficiency.
Here are a few of the best technologies we use to make our business as safe and profitable as possible:
- Integrated powertrains with automated manual transmissions
- Forward facing dash cameras to protect the driver
- Smartphone mobile apps to keep everyone connected
- Collision mitigation system using advanced radar technology
- Trailer tracking with remote telematics to protect the cargo
We Value Your Family Life
We run consistent freight patterns weekly, allowing us to get our drivers home more often than big, national carriers. Grand Island Express serves the eastern two thirds of the U.S. and has a significant presence along the I-80 corridor from Nebraska to New Jersey.
Nebraska drivers can expect weekly home time and run regional or east coast routes. Live near I-80? Drivers that live within 100 miles of Interstate 80 can expect home stops weekly and home time every 2 weeks. Drivers who live in the southeast part of the U.S. can expect to be home every 3 to 4 weeks.
Safe, Modern Equipment
Our tractor fleet is on a three-year trade cycle to ensure our drivers stay in the most modern, safest equipment possible. Our current fleet features:
- 2017 & 2018 Freightliner Cascadia Evolution tractors with double bunk
- Detroit DD15 engine with Detroit DT-12 automated manual transmission
- Detroit assurance package (collision avoidance and anti-rollover)
- APU or Opti-Idle equipped for driver comfort
- Factory installed refrigerators
Health Insurance and Retirement Benefits
Health Insurance – After 30 Days
- Blue Cross Blue Shield traditional coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA) available
- Dental and Vision Insurance – Provided by MetLife
401k / Profit Sharing
- Eligible after one year of employment
- GI Express will contribute 10% of net profits to the plan
- GI Express will match 10% of employee’s contribution
Additional Company Benefits
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Pet/Rider policy
- Driver rewards program
Tractor Purchase Program
Drive Like a Boss
Not all lease/purchase programs are equal. Purchasers trust our program and appreciate the following features:
- Simple purchase process with NO balloon payment at the end
- At the end of the purchase term, you will OWN the truck and the title will be signed over
- Our lease/purchase trucks are 2012-2013 Freightliner Columbia Gliders with no emission worries
- Maintenance escrow account setup so you can enjoy LOW labor rates in our shop
- 100% of the fuel discounts will go to you, to keep your operating costs low