Looking to start a new career?
If you are ready to dive into a new and exciting career as a professional truck driver then you have come to the right place! GI Express has a professional driver “finishing” program for those students who have recently graduated from a training school and have their class A CDL.
Why our student program is better!
Whether you are just entering the workforce or looking for a second career our experience in molding entry level drivers into life long professionals has helped our student driver program continuously evolve to the needs of our employees.
- We involve your spouse and family from day one by including them in the interview process
- Personal discussion of what lifestyle changes you can expect as a professional driver
- Guaranteed student pay and solo pay your first eight weeks
- Regular home time while training
- Spouse support system to help your family adjust to the new lifestyle
- Attend 3 day paid orientation
- Pass a road test
- Complete six weeks paid training with a certified trainer
After successful completion of our training program, you will be assigned a truck. The first eight weeks you will be paid on our guarantee miles program to ensure you start your professional career on the right foot! Entry level solo drivers can expect to make an average of $45,000 to $55,000 per year.
- Graduate from an approved professional driving course
- At least 23 years of age
- Be able to pass a company physical and drug screen
- No major violations in the past 3 years
- No major preventable accidents within the past year