The Truckload Carriers Association (TCA) and CarriersEdge recently announced the 2021 Best Fleets to Drive For. Grand Island Express was among the 20 North American for-hire trucking companies that were recognized for providing exemplary work environments for their professional truck drivers and employees. Grand Island Express also achieved the milestone of 10 consecutive years on the list.
“We are proud to recognize the winners of the 2021 Best Fleets to Drive For contest,” shared TCA President John Lyboldt. “In a year where the essential services provided by our industry have come into public focus, it is especially important to acknowledge those carriers who are going above and beyond in setting the standards for workplace satisfaction. Each of the Top 20 winners should take pride in the dedication they have shown to our essential workforce.”
“2020 was a year like no other, and the 2021 Best Fleets showed that they were stepping up to address those challenges,” said CarriersEdge Chief Executive Officer Jane Jazrawy. “Even in the midst of a pandemic these fleets are focused on creating a great workplace experience for all their drivers, and with an average satisfaction rate over 90% their drivers clearly appreciate those efforts.”
The companies selected were as follows:
- American Central Transport — Kansas City, Missouri
- Bison Transport Inc. — Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Boyle Transportation — Billerica, Massachusetts
- Central Oregon Truck Company, Inc. — Redmond, Oregon
- Challenger — Cambridge, Ontario
- Chief Carriers, Inc. — Grand Island, Nebraska
- Erb Transport — New Hamburg, Ontario
- Fortigo Freight Services Inc. — Etobicoke, Ontario
- Fremont Contract Carriers, Inc. — Fremont, Nebraska
- FTC Transportation, Inc. — Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Garner Trucking, Inc. — Findlay, Ohio
- Grand Island Express — Grand Island, Nebraska
- Halvor Lines, Inc. — Superior, Wisconsin
- Jetco Delivery — Houston, Texas
- Nussbaum Transportation Services, Inc. — Hudson, Illinois
- Prime Inc. — Springfield, Missouri
- Thomas E. Keller Trucking Inc. — Defiance, Ohio
- Transpro Freight Systems Limited — Milton, Ontario
- Wellington Motor Freight — Aberfoyle, Ontario
- Wilson Logistics Inc. — Springfield, Missouri
The companies identified as Fleets to Watch (honorable mentions) were:
- AirTime Express — Mississauga, Ontario
- Boyd Bros. Transportation — Clayton, Alabama
- Carbon Express, Inc. — Wharton, New Jersey
- K & J Trucking — Sioux Falls, South Dakota
- Western Dairy Transport — Cabool, Missouri
The overall winners, with the awards sponsored by EpicVue and TruckRight, will be announced during TCA’s Annual Convention, which will be held at the Wynn Las Vegas Resort, April 17-20.
To be considered for the Best Fleets program, companies operating 10 or more trucks had to receive a nomination from one of their company drivers or owner operators. The fleets were then evaluated using a scoring matrix covering a variety of categories, including total compensation, health benefits, performance management, professional development, and career path/advancement opportunities, among other criteria. Driver surveys were also conducted to collect input from drivers and independent contractors working with the fleets.
To read the full article released by the Truckload Carriers Association, visit this link.