Your Best Career Move Yet
Let’s face it: there are a lot of carriers out there making a lot of promises. How do you know who you can trust? Luckily, the research has already been done for you. Each year, the Truckload Carriers Association (TCA) ranks the Top 20 Best Fleets to Drive for in North America. These fleets offer the best professional driver experience.
Grand Island Express has made the Top 20 list for the last six consecutive years. We never stop working to improve our driver programs and strive to create an amazing workplace experience for professional over the road drivers.
- Guaranteed miles for the first 8 weeks
- Choose freight from our mobile app that works for you
- Driver education and workshops to maximize pay and productivity
- Monthly reviews with your driver manager
- Mentors to help drivers and their families transition into their new career
Easily Transition to a Professional Driving Career
Presently, 22% of GI Express’ drivers are Veterans of Foreign Wars. There are several reasons to consider a career as a professional driver if you’re a veteran.
- Reputable driving schools qualify veterans for their GI bill
- Paychecks are available immediately (GI Express offers pay from day one)
- Job security
- Utilize inherent and learned skills
Owner operators have been a significant part of our company for more than 30 years. Whether you purchase one of our trucks or bring your own you will find consistent miles year round. Our contractor drivers enjoy many features of our program, including:
- Steady miles ranging from 2400-3000 per week
- Choice of traffic lanes (average length of haul 875 miles)
- Base mileage pay plus fuel surcharge
- Fuel card provided and 100% of fuel discounts passed on to the contractor
- Tolls and PrePass paid
- Weekly settlements
- Maintenance escrow accounts and discounted shop labor rates
- Free, unlimited tractor washes in our automated wash system
- ELD compliant, free mobile communications system
Part-Time Drivers Welcome
Flexible Local and Regional Driving Jobs
Work as much or as little as you want to supplement your income! Part-time drivers are a huge part of our success at Grand Island Express. We use part-time drivers daily to make local deliveries, shuttle trailers and run relays to fellow drivers.
Benefits of Driving Part-Time
- Local deliveries throughout the Tri-City area
- Intrastate shuttles throughout Nebraska
- Interstate relays to Iowa, Illinois, Colorado, Kansas or Missouri
- Overnight or daily home returns
Start With Us, Stay With Us
If you are ready to shift into a new and exciting career as a professional truck driver, look no further. GI Express has a professional driver finishing program for students who have recently graduated from an approved training school and have their Class A CDL.
Why our Student Program is Better
Whether you are new to the workforce or looking for a career change, Grand Island Express will offer support during your transition.
- Spouse and family involvement during the interview process
- Personal discussion to address anticipated lifestyle changes
- Guaranteed student and solo pay during the first 8 weeks
- Regular home time during training
- Assistance from Support Specialist during short and long-term difficulties
Our onboarding process is simple. First, you’ll attend 3-days of paid orientation and will be required to pass a road test. Afterwards, you’re required to complete 6 weeks of paid training with a certified trainer. Once you’ve completed our onboarding process, you’ll be assigned a Cascadia truck and will start earning an income through our guaranteed miles program. Our entry-level solo drivers enjoy yearly incomes between $45K-$55,000!
One of the most important and generous benefits a company can offer it’s employees is tuition reimbursement. Grand Island Express will make tuition reimbursement payments on your behalf as long as you are employed through GI Express. It’s as simple as:
- Graduate from an approved truck driving school
- Complete Grand Island Express driver application
- Complete Tuition Reimbursement form
- Complete GI Express 6-week training program
Payments may be up to $150 per month for a maximum reimbursement of $4500.
Job Candidate Requirements
- Graduate from an approved professional driving course
- 23 years of age or older
- Pass company physical and drug screen
- No major violations in the past 3 years
- No major preventable accidents in the past year